INTERNATIONAL COFFEE DAY (ICD) 2018 PHOTO COMPETITION
“WOMEN IN COFFEE”
Closing date: Friday, 31 August 2018.
Winner and runners-up will be announced on Monday, 1 October 2018, as part of the celebrations of ICD 2018. The winning photo will feature on the cover page of the Organization’s 2017/18 Annual Review and promoted on the ICD website and Social Media.
Terms and Conditions:
- The International Coffee Organization (ICO) is the sole organizer of the photo competition. The ICO’s decision regarding all matters, including the choosing of the winner and runners-up is final.
- By entering this competition, participants automatically accept its rules, terms and conditions as final and agree to abide by them.
- This competition is open to anyone aged 16 or over, excluding ICO employees, their relatives, the judging panel and anyone else associated with this competition.
- The winner and the two runners-up will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by the ICO. The panel will be composed of five people who will cast their votes independently, chosen from the ICO Secretariat and the coffee industry, plus three collective votes (ICO staff, delegates representing the 78 country members of the ICO and observers attending the 122nd Session of the International Coffee Council, and the general public voting online). The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
- The winner and the two runners-up will be announced on ICD 2018, Monday 1 October 2018.
- Each participant can submit up to two entries, which must be clearly labelled with the photo title and the photographer’s name.
- No other form of images other than photos can be accepted and they must be of high resolution and submitted as jpeg files in order to be used by the ICO online and/or printed. The theme is “Women in coffee”, so tell us a story through your photograph, highlighting the importance of women in any part of the coffee chain, from bean to cup.
- Entries cannot have been published or posted online for commercial use, otherwise they will be automatically disqualified.
- The photos must be the participant’s original work, who should thus own its copyrights. The ICO is not liable for the publication of unlawfully reproduced images.
- Entries cannot be CGI (computer-generated imagery) or have been freely acquired or purchased from any images bank.
- No responsibility can be accepted by the ICO for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Photos containing any offensive, abusive, misleading, libellous, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic or profane images will be automatically disqualified. The ICO also has a right to reject any entry it may consider unacceptable, even if not clearly stated in these rules.
- The photo must not infringe any copyrights or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity.
- It is the contestants’ responsibility to ensure anyone or any place shown in the image submitted by them have been cleared as to not violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity.
- The entries must not depict brands or products.
- All entries must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “ICD 2018 photo competition” in the subject of the email. In the body of the email, please state:
i) The name of the person entering the competition;
ii) That the person is 16 years old or over;
iii) That it is his/her original photo, so their name can be credited to it; and
iv) The file name of the attached photo.
- Closing date for all entries is Friday, 31 August 2018.
- The winner will receive a cash prize of £500, the first runner-up £250, and the second runner-up will receive a cash prize of £100. Prizes are not transferable and bank details will have to be provided once prize-winners are contacted by the ICO.
- The ICO will notify the winner and runners-up by email and/or by letter within 5 working days of the announcement date.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the ICO reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winning entry/entries and pick a replacement/replacements.
- Competitors are reminded they are providing their entries to the ICO and not to any other party, including social media networking sites.
- The winner and runners-up agree to the use of their name and image in any publicity material or media by the ICO. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be solely used for internal purposes and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrants’ prior written consent.
- The contestants grant the ICO the non-exclusive right to reproduce such image for any purpose at any time in any media, such as in online articles, reports or marketing activities, in perpetuity, as well as consenting to the use of their images in any publicity carried out by the ICO without further compensation.